- E-mail: email@example.com
- Tel: +7 (495) 956 00 33
- Free hotline: 8 (800) 250 09 21
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Russian professor of physics, chair of experimental physics at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
Group leader of the Russian Quantum Center, Russia
Head of laboratory, National University of Science and Technology (MISiS), Russia
Ustinov’s major contributions to science are in the area of low temperature physics and cryoelectronics.
• Worked over several years at various research laboratories in Germany, Denmark, Italy.
• Ph.D. in physics in 1987; habilitation (Doctor of Science) in1995.
• Since 1996, has had a permanent professor position in Germany.
• From 1996 –2007, professor and research group leader at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.
• Since 2008, professor and chair of experimental physics at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany.
• Over 300 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
• Scientific expert for German Science Foundation, FP6 and FP7 programs of the EU, national research programs of France, US, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Israel, Italy.
• In 2011, he won a Mega-Grant Award of the Russian Government ($5M) and created a new laboratory at the National University of Science and Technology MISiS, Moscow.
• Since 2011, he has been a member of the Scientific Advisory Board and group leader at the Russian Quantum Center, Moscow.
• Scientific interest: Low-temperature physics, superconductivity, nonlinear waves, quantum coherence and qubits, quantum information processing, terahertz generators and detectors.