- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +7 (495) 956 00 33
- Free hotline: 8 (800) 250 09 21
Government of the Republic of Serbia
Education: in 1992 he graduated from the University of Belgrade, faculty of electrical engineering. In 2000 and 2003, respectively, he earned his Master’s and doctoral degrees in economics in Russia.
Areas of expertise: strengthening Russian-Serbian relations; development of innovation and technologies in industry, healthcare, agriculture and infrastructure for smart cities; building of innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystems, Industry 4.0;
Key events in political activity:
• 2007 - 2014 – coordinated the cooperation activities between the Democratic Party of Serbia and All-Russian political party United Russia; vice-president of the Democratic Party of Serbia; a member of parliament, head of the parliamentary committee on Serbia-Russia relations and a vice-speaker in the Parliament of Serbia.
• Since 2014: founder and chairman of the Serbian People's Party.
• June 2017: Elected as the first ever Minister of Innovation and Technological Development in the Government of the Republic of Serbia
Business: Owner of the electric power holding group of companies ABS Electro, which employs over 3,000 people, engaged in the production of electrotechnical equipment, creating advanced engineering solutions for a variety of industries such as electrical power, shipbuilding, oil & gas, metal, mining and others.
The HQ are located in Moscow and the manufacturing facilities are located in Cheboksary and St. Petersburg.
In June 2017, within the framework of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, Siemens AG and OJSC VNIIR (part of the ABS Electro Group of companies) signed an agreement on the launch of joint projects aimed at developing charging infrastructure for electric buses in Russia.
In 2005, Nenad Popovic was declared Entrepreneur of the Year in Russia.
In 2010, in accordance with a decree by the President of the Russian Federation, he was awarded the Order of Friendship of the Russian Federation for his contribution to the development of economic and cultural cooperation between Russia and Serbia.
Books: Author of eight books on a variety of topics, including economy and management, economic relations between Serbia and Russia, Kosovo and Metohija, and the political and economic neutrality of Serbia.